Over the past two years (post-COVID), we have been forced to make several difficult decisions to keep our small, family-owned dental office viable. However, one decision we will NEVER make is to lower the standard of care that we give to our patients. As you may already be aware, we have made the decision to terminate our participation as a contracted provider with Delta Dental, effective January 1st, 2023. While our relationship with Delta Dental is changing, our relationship with you as a patient is NOT changing.
Why is This Change Necessary?
Our first consideration in participating with a dental insurance company has always been the needs of our patients. The policy guidelines that Delta Dental requires have become more restrictive and difficult to navigate and are impacting the way in which we care for our patients. Additionally, we can no longer accept the extremely low reimbursement for dental services that Delta Dental offers and they have refused to negotiate their fee allowances.
What is Not Changing?
- You DO NOT need to choose a new dentist!
- You are still able to use your dental benefits at our office!
- We will still file your dental claims for you on your behalf!
- You will still receive the same high standard of care and personal experience that you have come to expect from us!
What IS Changing?
- Delta Dental will no longer directly reimburse our office for your care. You will pay for your dental services at the time of your appointment using all forms of payment: cash, check, credit card, health savings account, or CareCredit. We will notify you of your appointment cost via a phone call well in advance of your appointment. Many of our patients choose to use a credit card that gives them points or rewards, so that they can receive those benefits as a perk!
- Delta Dental will reimburse you directly according to the coverage levels of your dental plan, typically within 10-15 days
What Options Do You Have?
- You remain our patient, we file your claim, and you are reimbursed by Delta Dental. Even though we will no longer be a contracted provider, many Delta plans will have the same coverage for exams and cleanings with no cost to you.
- You can enroll in our Smile Hilliard Membership Club. For a low monthly cost, you can get all your preventative care covered in full at our office and also receive a 15% fee courtesy on all other diagnosed treatment. There are no claims to file, no denials, no waiting periods, and no long-term commitments!
- We understand that some people may choose to move to a Delta Dental preferred provider. While we would hate to lose you as a patient, we will transfer your records upon request.
We appreciate your loyalty and hope that this only has a positive impact on your dental care. Please give us a call at (614) 534-0257 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your benefits.
Affordable Family Dental Care in Hilliard, Ohio
Smile Hilliard is committed to managing your dental benefits for you so you can get the most out of your plan and focus on the excellent dental care that we offer. Explore our extensive range of available dental services, learn more about our in-house financing options and schedule an appointment today.