Have you been ignoring your missing teeth? Unfortunately, missing teeth can lead to a host of health problems such as vitamin deficiencies, changes in your bite resulting in headaches and pain, a greater risk of developing gum disease and experiencing more tooth loss, and deterioration of the bone tissue in your jaw.
Rather than putting this issue off any longer, we strongly encourage you to consider dental implants to replace your missing teeth.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a titanium post that is surgically integrated within your jawbone below the gum line. Once it is in place, we mount replacement teeth—or a bridge—onto that area. This makes for a secure fit, meaning that implants will not slip or shift while eating or speaking.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
There are numerous benefits to dental implants. Namely, we recommend them to patients because implants are:
- Closest to Your Natural Teeth: They look, feel, and function like your original teeth
- A Long-Term Solution: Dental implants can last a lifetime, whereas traditional bridges typically last only 5-7 years
- Worry-Free: Unfortunately, tooth-supported replacement teeth or dentures can fall out when you eat, laugh, or speak. This is impossible with dental implants, meaning you live confidently with them
- Easy to Care For: Dentures need to be removed each night to soak in a cup. Dental implants, however, can be treated just like your natural teeth and only require your usual brushing and flossing
- Beneficial for Your Jawbone: Dental implants are the only restoration option that actually stimulates bone growth and prevents bone loss, ultimately keeping your jawbone strong and firm
- Great for Protecting your Healthy Teeth: Tooth-supported bridges are created by removing existing and healthy tooth structure in order to support the attached bridge. Dental implants, on the other hand, are inserted into the jawbone without impacting surrounding teeth
- Excellent for Eating: Removable dentures can make eating uncomfortable. With dental implants, you can eat virtually anything you want, and biting is very natural
Why Are Dental Implants the Preferred Choice for Replacing Missing Teeth
Bridges and dentures are not always possible. Sometimes sore spots or poor ridges can prevent bridges and dentures from being used. Furthermore, bridges need to be attached to other teeth adjacent to the missing teeth, and these teeth need to be prepared or ground down. With implants, it is unnecessary to prepare adjacent teeth, making dental implants the better, more conservative and healthier option in most cases.
Also, dental implants have a great track record. They are associated with reliable, long-term and successful outcomes. They are considered “more predictable” than other methods to restore missing teeth like bridges and dentures.
How Can I Schedule a Consultation?
It is easy to schedule a dental implant consultation with us! Simply use our online appointment request form or call us at (614) 328-9489. We offer early morning and evening hours for your convenience. For our new patients, we also offer Free Whitening for Life with a complete exam, x-rays, and cleaning. Feel free to contact us with questions, concerns or more details!