Do you duck and cover when someone approaches with a camera? Or do you cover your mouth when you smile? All too often, someone who doesn’t love their teeth will try to avoid smiling. Unfortunately, this feeling of self-consciousness can lead to discomfort and inhibition in social situations. However, Smile Hilliard may just have the perfect solution for you—dental veneers.
What Are Veneers?
Dental veneers are ultra-thin pieces of porcelain that adhere to the front of your teeth. They can be used to fix a variety of issues—physical or cosmetic—and look like just like natural teeth!
Who Can Benefit from Veneers?
Veneers can help in may different situations. They’re often recommended for people who want to:
- Significantly whiten their smile (think movie star-like pearlies!)
- Improve the appearance of irregularly shaped or uneven teeth
- Eliminate gaps between teeth
- Correct chiped or cracked teeth
- Strengthen eroded enamel
People who experience these issues typically find that veneers are life-changing. After getting veneers, patients feel more confident, experience greater self-esteem, and love their new, whiter smiles.
Are Veneers Difficult to Take Care Of?
Not at all. Caring for veneers is much the same as caring for natural teeth. Of course, brushing and flossing is paramount, and we recommend that our patients select a non-abrasive toothpaste. Veneers are largely stain-resistant so you don’t have to worry about discoloration like you would with natural teeth. Additionally, Dr. Sanyk may recommend a bite guard to protect your beautiful new smile.
What Is the Process for Getting Veneers?
The process for getting veneers is a 4-step one:
- The Initial Consultation. If you’re considering veneers, we would encourage you to schedule a consultation with us. During that consultation, we’ll evaluate whether veneers are right for you, discuss possible alternatives, and develop a treatment plan. Dr. Sanyk recommends that models of your current smile be sent to a lab for a mock-up. This way you know exactly what your new smile will look like before any procedure starts!
- Smile Enhancement Acceptance. During this step, you and Dr. Sanyk will evaluate the mock-up from the dental lab. Changes are made to your liking, and you can even have a \”try-in\” to ensure your new smile suits you.
- Preparation and Temporizaton. At this appointment, your teeth will be buffed to create a uniform surface for the veneers to adhere to. This process is a relatively simple one, because we typically need to remove very little enamel from your natural teeth. Sometimes, we don’t need to remove any! After records are taken for the lab to use to fabricate your new veneers, you walk out of the office with temporary veneers that look like your new smile. Most of the time, this step is combined with the Smile Enhancement Acceptance appointment.
- Bonding Your Beautiful Smile. Within 2 weeks, we will permanently bond your veneers to your teeth. Of course, Dr. Sanyk meticulously checks the fit and look of each one, and you get see the final result before the bonding too. Lastly, you’ll walk out with a smile you love! Dr. Sanyk always enjoys having you come in for a follow-up appointment to examine your gums and check how your new veneers are doing.
If you’re ready to discuss whether you’d make a good candidate for veneers, it’s easy to schedule a consultation with Smile Hilliard. You can reach us at 614.328.9489 or schedule an appointment online by clicking here.