Dental Bonding and Porcelain Veneers – Your Cosmetic Fix for a Better Smile
Your smile is the first thing people see. That initial impression makes a big difference in your social interactions, from the standpoint of others and as a driving factor in your general self-esteem and overall confidence.
Of course, it does not much matter what others think; your self-worth is what counts. That is why having a smile you are proud to show off is something you deserve. And here at Smile Hilliard, we can help you achieve your cosmetic dentistry goals, resulting in a smile that dazzles and delights. Dental bonding and porcelain veneers are helpful in transforming your smile.
If dental bonding or porcelain veneers are on your mind to improve your smile, read on below to get more information about these two services, and we can help you determine which one would be best for your needs. Both of these dental services are popular and long-lasting. You will feel comfortable with your upgraded look, and from the moment you sit in the dental chair, you can trust that you are in good hands. It is our mission to treat every patient like family, and your ease and satisfaction are number one.
Tell Me the Benefits of Cosmetic Bonding and What Goes Into the Process?
Bonding is an affordable option and can be completed in just one visit in most cases. Simply put, we use a composite resin that matches the shade of your teeth, and it is molded to fill in the spaces or areas you are seeking to change or improve. This composite resin is hardened with a UV light, polished up so it shines like your other teeth, and the process is done. From start to finish, this bonding work won’t take longer than an hour for most patients. The results of bonding look totally natural, just like real teeth.
With the benefits of cosmetic bonding you can:
- Close the gaps and spaces between teeth
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Whiten stained, mismatched, or discolored teeth
- Elongate short teethFix irregularly-shaped teeth
- And protect exposed tooth roots
The resulting overall look is more appealing and inviting. You will be impressed with cosmetic bonding, especially when it is so quick and painless. We recommend this dental service to many of our patients who need a quick fix.
Why Should I Choose Porcelain Veneers and What Goes Into Getting Them?
Porcelain veneers are placed on top of your current teeth and look just like natural teeth. We recommend them for:
- A more youthful-looking smile
- Protection of worn-down teeth and weak enamel
- A whiter, brighter smile
- Fixing cracks or chips
- Making teeth more symmetricalReducing spacing between the teeth
- And making irregularly-shaped teeth more even
We sand down the teeth just slightly, fit you for your porcelain veneers, and they are made at the lab. In the interim, we fit you with a “trial” veneer or set to get used to them and see what they will look like. Veneers will last you many long years when you care for them properly. Learn how to do so below…
How Can I Protect My Cosmetic Bonding and Porcelain Veneer Work From Becoming Damaged?
Naturally, you want your bonding or veneers to last as long as possible. To do so, practice good oral hygiene habits, which include:
- Brushing at least twice daily
- Flossing regularly as well
- Keeping up with your general dental exams, which include a professional cleaning by a hygienist
- Refrain from or cut down on eating certain foods and drinking beverages that may stain the teeth, like dark berries, chocolate, red sauces and soups, red wine, cola, and coffee/tea
- Do not smoke cigarettes or use tobacco products
- Refrain from biting your nails, pen caps, or using your teeth to open things
- Steer clear of sticky or chewy candies
- If you tend to grind your teeth or clench your jaw, talk to your dentist about being fitted for a mouth guard to protect the bonding and veneers from wearing down or coming loose
If you would like to book a consultation or an appointment with Smile Hilliard regarding cosmetic bonding or porcelain veneers, we would love to see you. Please call us at your convenience at (614) 881-5771. Or you can fill out this simple online form and someone from our front desk will get in touch with you as soon as possible to schedule you in.
Our office is open Monday – Thursday, from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
You can expect a natural-looking result that will wow you. Whether you choose cosmetic bonding or porcelain veneers, know that our expertise is nothing short of excellence. We take our time to carefully contour and create based on your individual smile, so the outcome is outstanding. We look forward to helping you achieve the smile you’ve been longing for. See you soon!